what is a disability?
a person with a disability may have:
- a physical or psychological condition which substantially limits one of his/her major life activities (including walking, hearing, seeing, speaking, breathing, learning and working).
- a record of such impairment
disabilities include but may not be limited to:
- physical disabilities (e.g. muscular dystrophy, cerebral palsy)
- learning disabilities (e.g. dyslexia, language disorders, dyscalculia)
- psychological/psychiatric (e.g. depression, anxiety, bipolar)
- temporary conditions (e.g. pregnancy, personal injuries)
- deaf/hard of hearing
- visual impaired/legally blind/blind