wac for faculty
here, you will find the following materials to help you design, teach, and evaluate writing assignments in your writing-intensive courses:
- our comprehensive wac guide to teaching writing-intensive courses
- information about working with a writing fellow
- an archive of our wac presentations and workshops
- wac-produced videos about teaching writing
- links to wac resources at other institutions
in addition, you may find other materials on the site useful as student handouts or guides:
- a handbook on teaching writing in studio art classes
- miltilingual learners (mll)
- our apa, mla, and chicago style guides
- our history writing guide
- infosheets on the paper-writing process
- discipline-specific infosheets for specific assignments and courses
- links to handouts and resources in disciplines ranging from anthropology to theater
for information about getting a writing-intensive course approved, see writing intensive course proposals under 'wac info'.
for research assessing the effectiveness of writing across the curriculum within cuny and beyond, please visit the assessment webpage.
archive of our newsletter the word on wac.